1/12/2012

Experience from Callaway X24

I was hitting Callaway X-20 irons and liked them but noticed a loss of distance from my old set of Cobra irons and was seeking to make that distance up. Looking at the specs on the Callaway X-24 HOT Irons, the lofts are stronger. Knowing that there were design similarities between the 20's and the Callaway X-24 HOT Irons, I pulled the trigger. I bought the 4-PW along with both the SW and AW to complete my set. I like the Uniflex Shaft and stuck with it. I got an awesome deal on the set in "Like New" condition and, after my trade-in, ended up only a little over $100 into the new set. In under a week I had my new irons and was ready to test them out.

Starting with the acquisition of Top Flite/Strata/Ben Hogan, Callaway's clubs have slowly but surely come back up the the original quality that brought them to the forefront of golf manufacturers with the original Big Bertha Driver and Big Bertha Irons. These Callaway X-24 HOT Irons are definitely Callaway's best "X" series irons since the old World Beating X-14's.  They have semi-strong, but not ridiculous lofts on them. They have exceptionally good balance for off the rack clubs. The PVD Finish is really very good looking, and I'm glad to see the big boys jump onto the PVD Bandwagon that started with the little custom shop guys.  Really a very nice set of irons indeed.
From the makers of the No.1 Irons in Golf for the last 13 years and counting comes the longest, most accurate X Series iron ever. These clubs are powered by a consistently hot face that generates peak ball speeds for maximum distance with pinpoint accuracy. The stealth PVD finish provides a distinctive look that minimizes glare.

VFT Face Technology

A robust, hot clubface with a large sweet spot generates faster balls speeds for maximum distance, even on off-center hits.

Precision Notch Weighting

More weight in the perimeter of the
Callaway X-24 HOT Irons head promotes pinpoint accuracy and control and enables an optimal CG position that provides strong trajectories.

No comments:

Post a Comment